The library offers a range of services for researchers. Below are a list of good information resources. If you need assistance for your research, you can contact your subject librarian in the first instance (see the right hand column) or if you need specific assistance for copyright or using GRO, please use the contacts below.
Research information services
Publishers and open access
- Open Access Goldsmiths Library Guide
- SHERPA/FACT (funders and authors compliance tool, to help you find out which journals comply with RCUK and Wellcome Trust open access publication requirements)
- SHERPA/ROMEO (publisher copyright policies and self-archiving (check publisher permissions for putting articles in GRO)
- DOAJ (directory of open access journals)
- DOAB (directory of open access books)
Copright and IPR
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for Goldsmiths Research Online, the College's institutional repository)
- Research Office (providing a proactive service to support Goldsmiths' researchers)
- Subject Librarians (for assistance with finding and using resources and research skills advice)
Research degree students
- Information for Research students on submitting your PhD or MRes from the Research Degrees Office
- Guide to copyright in your thesis for PhDs
- Goldsmiths theses (both print and online collections)
- EThOS is the British Library's collection of UK theses. All theses are indexed and around 600 Goldsmiths theses are freely available here.
- The Special Collections office and reading room are on the ground floor of the Library. All post-graduates are welcome to use the special collections reading room for quiet study on weekdays at times when it is not in use for archive workshops and in the evening and at weekends. To register for access, please call in to the Special Collections office.